Translate

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Pedometer

I've spent the last two days fighting with the computer. We got some kind of virus that gradually messed up the computer so bad that I had no alternative but to dump it and start over with the Restore Disk......and then of course reload all the programs, favorites, shortcuts, players etc. Not fun.

Not much knitting happened this past week. I went through several days where I didn't knit at all. Shocking but true! I just didn't feel up to it. I wasn't really sick, unless you count a pounding headache (which usually doesn't stop me). It was more that I was feeling like I was lost in a mental fog zone. I couldn't think straight. That's NOT the condition to be in when knitting Celtic cables. I had no simple projects on the go so I refused to knit at all until I snapped out of it.

The fog lifted today and during my morning coffee I was able to knit about 8 rows on the second sleeve for the Rogue. Man that felt good. I really have missed the knitting. How DO people sit still and watch TV without something in their hands anyway?

Not much sitting still for me today. I bought myself a pedometer yesterday. I think it is about the 3rd or 4th one I have owned. Some of them worked well but broke, others were so inaccurate that I returned them the next day. The one I bought yesterday seems EXCELLENT. On a walk today I counted out 200 steps and looked at the read-out and it said exactly 200 steps. I have never had one that accurate before. I paid a little more to get one that had a good clip (I've had them break before) and a sensitivity adjustment. My goal is to walk 10,000 steps a day. I have exceeded that today, but that is with an hour long walk and a busy day. Past experience has shown me that if I sit on my butt too long I won't make my goal.

I will record my daily steps here......as an incentive. Obviously I won't be able to record each day's steps until the following day when I actually know what the final count was.

1 comment:

kristo said...

i'm assuming the reason you haven't posted in the last few days is because you're too busy walking and walking and walking?