Translate

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Mighty Fine

Here is a little peek at why I love to spin as fine a thread as I can.

Image hosting by Photobucket

If I spin a fine thread, I can knit a fine thread.

These are to become Lacey Mohair/wool Socks. I've pieced the pattern together taking snippets of information from various pages of the book "Sensational Knitted Socks", splicing in my own favorite way of doing things (toe-up, 2 on one circular, figure 8 cast on, picot bind-off) and blending until I (hopefully) have a workable pattern that will be worth knitting. I would just "wing it" without the help of the book, but knitting a heel-flap, turned heel, going toe-up is new for me. Until now I have always done Peasant Heels for toe-up socks.

The afghan/shawl in the background is the Poinsettia Shawl, and is knit from the same handspun yarn I am using to knit the socks.

3 comments:

e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!What a gorgeous yarn!!!

vanessa said...

wow! lovely yarn :-)

jenknits said...

Oh my, those sure are turning out pretty!