Translate

Friday, August 04, 2006

My Favorite X6

I'm a person who doesn't enjoy clothes shopping (or any kind of shopping that doesn't involve a yarn or fiber shop) so when I find something I really like I will sometimes go back and get another in a different color. A couple of weeks ago I bought two plain, black tank tops to wear at the gym. I love them! They are comfortable and fit extremely well (thanks to the cotton/spandex blend), wash well, and are the type of thing I wear all summer long. I went back a few days later and they didn't have any left in my size.

I was in the mall again today and stopped by Suzie Shier just in case they restocked. They did!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Why yes, this IS one of every color they had (except black which, as I mentioned, I already have). Yes, I love them that much. My rationalizing goes something like this:

  • I love them! (enough of a reason right there dontcha think?)
  • They are lovely and cool in the summer
  • I only like plain clothes anyway (no prints, stripes, plaids, or logos for me!)
  • I can wear all of them to the gym (not at the same time!)
  • I could wear them as pajama tops too
  • They will make great camisoles for layering in winter (I won't call them undershirts)
  • The price was right (2 for $15 Canadian)
  • There was no one there to stop me
  • I was a crazed lunatic
  • I have lots of space on my side of the closet
  • One of my favorite tank tops recently got an oil stain on it
  • Two of my old tank tops are worn out and also too big
  • It's hot out
  • It's even hotter inside
  • Did I mention that I LOVE them?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I like reasons 8 and 9 the best :) Anne

Laura said...

I'm so with you on not being into clothes shopping. Ick. I've done the very same thing, and have a collection (though getting old now) of same-style different colored tank tops in my own closet. :-)

Jen said...

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who does this. Found some T-shirts and bought 7 in various colours last year. The other half still looks confused everytime he tries to work that one out

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity, how do these tops wear? My pet peave with cheap Ts is that they often rat and fray within a couple of washes. Are these any good?

Marlene said...

Marie, I haven't had them long enough yet to know how they will wear. They have been through a few washing and wearings though and look great so far. I have a more expensive tank top that looked pretty bad right out of the first wash so paying more doesn't always guarantee higher quality.