Translate

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Masters Monday - 9

Do I look bored? Frustrated?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I am.

Torturous work this report writing. *Gag* I've found hundreds of reasons to put it off to the last and my procrastination is coming back to haunt me. All that stands between me and handing in my Master Knitters, Level 1 is this annoying report on Blocking and Care of Knits. I have no problem with the material which I feel I know quite well, it's just getting it all down on paper, in detail, and in a way that makes sense and "flows". Borrowing words from a song, I just need to "Knuckle down, buckle down, do it, do it, do it."

My husband says I like to ruin a perfectly good, relaxing hobby by finding a way to stress myself out.

Having taken notes from every book I own that references blocking or care of knits in any way, and having organized a small portion of that into sentences and paragraphs of some sort, I'm calling it quits for the night.

Stay tuned for more next week. Hopefully it will be news that I have crossed the finish line.

5 comments:

dragon knitter said...

i'm sure it's particularly tough when all ya wanna do is cuddle that darling granddaughter!

Marlene said...

Well yes, everything else is taking a back seat to the little one. If she lived in the same house as me I'd really be in trouble. Nothing would ever get done.

Beth said...

Does that mean I really should do the report before I tackle the swatches and questions? I'm *the* procrastinator. :)

Marlene said...

I certainly wouldn't leave it entirely to the end Beth. Perhaps gather notes on blocking and caring for knits and keep track of your references while you are doing the rest of the level? If you're anything like me, forcing yourself to do the whole report before you start the other things may cause you to procrastinate the entire darn project!

Elinor said...

Yeah, you know - I've heard that too about ruining a good hobby but there's something to be said about triumphing over adversity!!! It makes it even more satisfying!