Translate

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Similar But Not the Same

You may recall that I made my mother-in-law a set of place mats for Christmas. I loved those place mats, and they went so well with my decor that I just had to rewarp the rigid heddle loom and make something similar for myself.

I don't actually use place mats on our dinner table, so I decided to make mats for the shelves in this pretty hutch instead. These runner style mats are 11" x 21.5" so narrower and longer than the place mats but very similar in style, also using the same Sirdar Denim Tweed DK woven in tabby at 10 epi.



So far I haven't found a way to easily vary the length of my warp (using a peg method and the one and only place I can set up the loom and the peg), so I warped the loom twice for the set, getting three runners per warp. I'm very pleased with the result. They fit the shelves perfectly.



Hmmmm....now I have my eye on the shelves in my computer hutch.......they seem to be needing a little something.

4 comments:

old lady said...

Those are lovely! Such creativity! I'm having a hard time with knitting...

Maggie Ann said...

How very beautiful!

Knit Witch said...

WOW! Those look great!

PJ said...

What a neat idea! Love your chest, too :)