Translate

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Llovable Llama

This fellow has been in the works for quite some time. I started him right after finishing Shaggy the Sheep, but put him aside when other items took priority place in the line-up.

I think he's adorable, but I'm so glad that he is off of my list of "must finish" items. Crocheting worsted weight acrylic yarn with a small hook to achieve a tight gauge is very hard on the hands!

Loop stitch is no picnic either!

The hat is also included in the pattern, but I think I like him better without it.

I have a feeling that my granddaughters will like him better with the colourful hat though.


So, one item done. Kenzie's appliquéd, sequined and beaded Mary Maxim Christmas stocking will be the next item in the priority list I think. Wouldn't do to be late with the stocking for her very first Christmas.

10 comments:

Michelle said...

So adorable!

kristo said...

Kaylen says to tell you that she likes the Llama with the hat on. ;-)

It really is SUPER cute!!!

Restless Knitter said...

He's adorable!

dragon knitter said...

i think the chulo is darling!

Nicole said...

The hat is so cute!

Marlene said...

Thanks Michelle, Restless, and Minnie.

Oh, you think so Nicole? I kind of like the llama better without the hat. As predicted though, the 2 1/2 year old granddaughter loves the hat ON the llama. I took it off to show my daughter and Kaylen started crying inconsolably and did not stop until we put it back on. Putting it on her little sister instead almost caused fits!

Anonymous said...

i must have that llama.
is it for sale?!

Marlene said...

He could be, if the right price was offered, but selling him was never my original intent.

Anonymous said...

how much would he be if he WAS for sale? (with the hat included, i freakin love that hat)

Marlene said...

I can't sell through my blog (I think there is a restriction about that?) so I'd have to set him up on eBay or Etsy. I don't think I'd bother for less than $50. He was a ton of work and took a fair bit of supplies too.