Translate

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday Sewing

I spent much of today sewing a little pair of pants from an Adam-Harris pattern. They turned out quite cute, though a bit big for Delilah......which is fine because they are actually for a Narae doll which should be arriving some time this summer.

In this picture none of the amazing little details show up well. I found a lightweight suiting material with a very tiny houndstooth check. It makes for a great 1/4 scale fabric. The pants have real pockets, front pleats, and tiny little belt loops. I'll probably make a black pair as well sometime in the future.

The white, long sleeved shirt Delilah is wearing with the pants is neither the right style nor the right colour, but it's all I have at the moment. I have a quilters' fat quarter in a beige print to sew up a better blouse tomorrow.

3 comments:

Natalie Hennekam said...

*sigh*
I can't believe I'm so envious of a doll's wardrobe!
Just gorgeous yet again :-)

Marlene said...

Thanks MoederKip. I'm having a blast making clothing for a doll I haven't even received yet. This doll in the pictures is just a stand in for a Narae doll that I have ordered.

The blouse is okay Chriss, but the white is a bit stark with the beige/off white of the houndstooth in the pants fabric. An off white, cream, beige, or light sage green would look much better.

I actually HAVE spiky heels for Delilah that she could be wearing but it requires that I switch to her "high heel" feet which is a bit of a chore involving a blow dryer and some very careful manipulation to avoid breaking the ankle joint! If the pants were for Delilah I'd go to the effort but they are for the incoming Narae doll so they aren't even hemmed properly yet. I've only got them pressed in place.

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Another great outfit. I can't wait to see it on your Narae doll...but it still looks really pretty on Delilah. :)