Translate

Monday, June 10, 2013

Progress So Far

I've only been working on the "Boxy" sweater sporadically, in between other projects. For the most part is has been the project I pick up when I have a fair bit of waiting to do.

I'm now eleven inches into the front piece and have used up my first skein of handspun, which was 312 yards. The second skein, which I'm starting now, is 579 yards. It will be interesting to see how many yards this sweater will take --- with this particular style the body section is SO wide!

2 comments:

Dustbunnie said...

I'm sure photos doesn't do it justice. Did you spin the yarn yourself? I tried it once many years ago - not enough to get any good at it but it was a lot of fun.

Marlene said...

Well Dustbunnie it isn't overly exciting looking even in person. It has some subtle colouring changes and textural interest, but it is miles and miles of stockinette. I've just heard such good things about how wonderfully wearable this particular sweater pattern is so I thought I'd give it a go.

Yes, I spun all the yarn myself. Not only that, but I spun it from a fibre combination I blended and carded myself as well.