Translate

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

A Little Better Than the First

The second hat sewn over the Mother's Day weekend was a little bit more of a success. 


The sewing isn't actually as well done as the first one, and the fabrics used are identical.


I just feel marginally better wearing this one. It seems to suit my face and head shape a bit better.


A bit anyway! I still feel like a dork wearing it, but I feel like that in ALL hats. 


Trouble is I truly NEED a hat with a brim to keep the sun out of my eyes on bright days and the rain off my glasses on the miserable days.


This hat is a slightly modified version of "The Squashy Cap" from "Happy Hats and Cool Caps" by Anne-Mette Hermansen and Tina Elnef. I shortened the height of the crown segments so the crown is not so large in diameter.

4 comments:

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I like the slouchy ness of this one. It is more relaxed. :)

Marlene said...

This one looks better on me, Ruinwen. I wore if for my walk this morning and it was comfortable, did the job of keeping the sun from my eyes, and I didn't notice anyone falling over in fits of uncontrollable laughter.

Gene Black said...

I really like this one. I have ordered a copy of that book.

Marlene said...

Oh good! I think you'll enjoy it Gene. I've noticed that cutting the ribbing for the band 6" shorter than head size is still a bit loose, at least with the standard t-shirt type ribbing I used. I would cut the ribbing at least 2" shorter than that if you want a snug fit.