Translate

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Where Was I?

I had to check back through blog posts from last week to see which weaving photos had been posted before I was distracted and kept busy with baking and sewing. So here's an update on the weaving of the "8/2 Blues" warp.

July 8, 2016

A whole lot of wandering inlay has been going on!

Later on Friday

July 9, 2016

July 10, 2016

A lower angle.

This next one is probably my favourite bit.

July 11, 2016

The next section is where I experimented with allowing different layers of inlay to overlap and "get in each others way". Not something I'd likely repeat as I don't feel the effect is all that successful, but still, a fun experiment.

July 12, 2016

Colour is WAY off in the following photo.

July 18, 2016

I owe "sgray" from Ravelry a nod of thanks for the inspiration for this striped clasped weft section. Neat idea Sally!

clasped weft laid in stripes

I liked the effect I took another photo for you from a different angle.

striped clasped weft

And now I'm playing with stripes but allowing them to do a serpentine wander every now and then.

Stripes that wandered

The end of the warp is now in sight. I'm enjoying this last technique so maybe I'll continue on and get a section long enough for a cushion cover? Or perhaps the sleeves of a top? We'll see!

Stripes turned wandering inlay.

No comments: