Translate

Monday, July 04, 2005

Lace Bootie-Socks

With the completion of the bootie-socks the Leaf and Lace Baby Set is done.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

In the photo I flipped up the cuff of one of the bootie-socks so you could see the alterations I made to the original pattern. I knit the lace pattern for 2 1/2 inches, did two rows of purl for a fold line, knit an additional 2 1/2 inches in 1x1 ribbing and then completed the bootie as the pattern directed. The ribbing should help these to stay on without the need of ties.

4 comments:

Rabbitch said...

The whole set is lovely, bravo!

Anonymous said...

The baby set is gorgeous! I can't wait to make it! Thanks for all your tips! Kathy

nina said...

Hello, your blog is amazing.. thank you

I have been trying to get this beautiful cardigan going.
I was wondering if you wrote out your pattern to better understand? I am not familiar with chart reading, and it seems confusing on certain rows.
Hope you can help an old knitter.
Thanks
Nina

Marlene said...

Hi Nina. The ancient old booklet I knit from did not include a chart. I looked the pattern up though and there is a free copy at:
http://www.yarnspirations.com/patterns/leaf-and-lace-set.html

It does include a chart, but from what I can tell just quickly looking at it, it seems that all the instructions are also there, written out in full, line by line. I think you could just follow the written directions and ignore the reference to following the chart.