Translate

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Slow Progress

I'm back knitting the Peacock Feathers Shawl (at row 214 of 249 rows). Lace shawl knitting does not make for an exciting blog. So many hours knitting, so few pictures to show for it. Lace doesn't show it's true beauty until it is blocked, so even if I DID get my camera out, the shawl just looks like a bigger pile of blue dental floss than it did in the last photo.

I am enjoying knitting lace in general, and this shawl in particular, but I am glad to be nearing the end as I have other projects I would like to get to. Each successive row is a little longer than the last and it takes me, at this point, about 45 minutes to knit a "pair" of rows (one lace row, one plain row purling back). With 35 more rows to go, I figure I have about 18 - 20 hours left until completion.

To keep you entertained while I'm busy I'll send you here to read all about Monkey Potter. While you are there, wish his "mom" a happy wedding day.........it's zooming up quickly. ONE week from today! I hear Monkey will be hitching a ride with the honeymooners.

No comments: