Translate

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sidelined

My faux run to Prince George has been sidelined this past week by a nasty virus. I haven't made any progress since my last gym workout, which was Monday. Instead I've been hanging around the house, knitting, and generally feeling sorry for myself, each day hoping that the next day I would be well enough to hit the gym again.

Luckily this doesn't mean the end of my chances of reaching Prince George by April. I normally put in around 6 miles per day, Monday to Friday. When I set my goal of running (on an elliptical trainer) the distance from Chilliwack to my old home town of Prince George, I did factor in some "ease", a little wiggle room in case of illness or injury. I only committed to 20 miles per week so that if necessary I could play catch up. I just didn't expect to go down so soon or for so long. *sigh*



I'm hoping to get back to the gym tomorrow. It will have to be a reduced workout for sure, as I'm still feeling quite crappy. I'll aim for a 15 minute warm up, a bit of abdominal work, and my usual stretches. Then, if my body takes that without rebelling I'll be back to a full workout the next day.

No comments: