Translate

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

And Then A Skirt

After the crocheted corset set was complete I decided to make a simple, coordinating skirt from a fabric remnant.

It's based on a rectangle that is 3X the circumference of the hips. To the basic skirt I added a ruffle that is about 2X the width of the bottom of the skirt. Narrow hem on the bottom, elastic casing on the top and the doll has a pretty little wardrobe addition.



Frustrated by the limitations of artificial, indoor light I decided to take the doll on an outdoor "photo shoot" at a nearby garden. More on that in the next post.

2 comments:

Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a lovely skirt! I adore the satin ribbon and the ruffle at the bottom! :)

Marlene said...

The doll is living in luxury Ruinwen. The ribbon is actually real SILK. She lucked out when I found a skein of "ribbon embroidery" ribbon that someone had given to me ages ago.