Translate

Saturday, January 26, 2013

New Avatar

New avatar alert. 


This is a fairly true to life picture of how I look now. The previous avatar I had been using here was at least a few years old, and I've changed a lot in the past few years.

In December I had updated my avatar on Ravlery, Flickr, and Den of Angels, but I did not like the severe hairstyle I was resorting to then. It aged me a LOT! This one is at least a bit better.

My daughter-in-law is a hair stylist and she talked me into highlights and "low lights" to add some colour to my hair. As it gradually greyed it was growing drab and mousy looking. I'm not at all against grey hair, in fact I kind of liked a few of my greyer streaks, but the slow turn to grey was giving me a washed out salt and pepper effect that was very unflattering. I was also wearing it in a rather severe, pulled back style that aged me a lot.

I'm still prone to getting a rash on my face if my hair is not pulled back some, but this is at least a compromise.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great Marlene. I love my highlights and lowlights. Nice to have a stylist daughter in law isn't it!

Anonymous said...

You look fantastic! Yes, this hairstyle makes you look at least 10 years older than the other one. Go you!! xoxo

cjbj said...

I agree, it is a lovely photo. Chat soon.

Marjorie said...

Nice hairstyle! Good that it feels more like you.

Anonymous said...

Love the new Colorado and style! All your avatars are nice tho!
carol s

Anonymous said...

Love the new Color and style! All your avatars are nice tho!
carol s